The entrepreneurship program at SRUSHTI is 6 months certificate program, where students are acquainted with and trained on Entrepreneurship through practical approaches and live projects.
This is a holistic program, to get a hands-on entrepreneurial experience to help students “Start-up”. Students gain the knowledge, skills, and attitude required for a successful entrepreneurship journey. It’s a project-based approach, where students are facilitated to move from IDEA to ACTION, to initiate their start-up IDEA, through Co-Creation – via Human-centered design and a process of Art.
Since 2014, SRUSHTI has successfully conducted 6 cohorts of the Entrepreneurship program for students in the final year of the Degree, with a positive impact.
Program format: We follow a blended learning format with both face-to-face and online classes. Students are expected to participate in 5 training sessions on YSI, at Srushti Rasaa over the weekends.
Duration: This program spans over 6 months. It comprises 12 contact classes, on the weekends to facilitate 5 training sessions of YSI. This is offered from July to December, every year. Exams are conducted in December and certificates are issued at the YSI conference in February, every year.
Career Prospects through the program:
- Students build the knowledge, skills, and attitude required for entrepreneurship.
- They learn Human-Centered design, to ideate, build prototypes & test, moving from Idea to Action.
- Students can generate their own business plans & business pitches to participate in Start-up Challenges.
- They are able to initiate their own startups upon completion of the program.
- Students improve their capacity for creative & innovative problem-solving skills, together with all stakeholders.
- Must have completed 12th or PUC from a recognized board
- Must have scored a minimum of 60% aggregate marks
- Academic transcripts from the School/College
- Aptitude Test
- Student Portfolio
Project-Based Learning Approach:
At SRUSHTI, we believe that students learn best by doing. Research has shown that students engaged in projects have better learning outcomes compared to mere textbook learning. Below are the activities included in our Project-based learning methodology:
- Building an entrepreneur mindset with the right blend of knowledge, skills and attitude
- Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management & Business Organisation
- Design thinking to move from IDEA to ACTION, based on Stanford D school
- Writing a Business plan
- Doing a mock project
- Preparing a Business pitch
- Presentation at the Startup Contest
- Beginning their own start-up